- Key Features:
- Exceptional operator visibility leads to less property damage and higher quality work.
- With these standers you can have much easier maintenance with access to both sides of the engine, hydros and controls with the easy removal of the fuel tank.
- 10.5 gallon fuel tank requires less filling and more time working.
- Transparent tank make it easy to gauge the fuel level.
- Hydraulic hoses eliminated, reduced parts, no routine greasing and simplified design = time saved.
- Self-adjusting suspension platform, with a larger open area to move around, and sloped sides for a more secure stance when cutting sloped terrain.
- Low center of gravity of stand-on mowers hug hills and slopes. Operators can easily shift their weight as needed to enhance performance.
- Exclusive TURBO FORCE cutting deck is built to withstand the extreme conditions of long, tough days on the job. It features a durable bull-nose bumper, high-strength blades and the industries toughtest spindle assemblies.
- Flat Crisp Cut with Precision Blades. (.250) thick precision blades resist flexing to provide a flat, crisp cut. High-strength, heat-treated alloy steel survives impacts and provides resistance to the rapid wear commonly associated with abrasive conditions. Options include Recycler® and Atomic® mulching blades, medium sail Bahai blades, and low sail sand blades.
- Adjustable Baffle allows operator to achieve maximum cutting performance by fine-tuning deck to conquer changing conditions, unique job sites or different times of the season. In extreme conditions, the baffle can be opened in order to conserve power and achieve faster mowing speeds. In less demanding conditions, the baffle can be closed to yield micro-sized particles and maximize discharge velocity.
- 7-gauge bull-nose bumper not only protects against frontal impacts, but also contains an integral underskirt to minimize blowout of debris and dust. The bottom, leading edge of the deck is raised 1/4″ (6 mm), allowing grass to stand more upright when entering the cutting chamber, ensuring a level cut. Leaf “plowing” during spring and fall clean-up also is significantly reduced.
- Added Benefits:
- Improve productivity with easy access on and off the machine with up to 10.5 gallons of fuel capacity to mow longer with fewer stops.
- Exceptional visibility from the GrandStand protects the operator, the mower and the property. The operator is better able to steer clear of obstacles, and easily pass beneath branches.
- Toro’s foldable operator platform instantly converts the GrandStand to a walk-behind. It easily lowers back down when its time to ride – saving time, money and trailer space by eliminating the need to switch mowers.
- Conserves space to get more machines on your trailer, or allows for a smaller trailer and lighter load.
Toro GrandStand48 74504 Specifications
22 hp (16.4 kw) Kawasaki FX 726cc
Gas/10.5 gal (39.7 L)
48″ (122 cm)
Adjustable Discharge Baffle
Heavy-Duty Canister Air Cleaner
Blade Tip Speed
.25″ (.6 cm) heat-treated steel
3″ x 1.5″ (7.6 cm x 3.8 cm) x 12 guage
11″ x 5″-5″ (28 x 13-13 cm) flat free semi-pneumatic
7-gauge 48″ (122 cm) TURBO FORCE® w/bull-nose bumper
Pumps (10cc/rev) & Wheel Motors (10 cir)
20″ x 10.5″- 8″ (51 x 26.67 – 20 cm)
Up to 10 mph forward (16.1 km/h)
Height of Cut
1″ – 5″ in 1/4″ (2.5 cm – 12.7 cm in 6 mm) increments
9 3/8″ (23.8 cm) diameter cast iron
890 lbs. (403.7 kg)